Have A Question?
Our team of qualified maintenance platform experts are here to help.
Our current openings:
FlexDecks, Inc. is a pioneer and leader in the design and manufacture of innovative, modular maintenance platforms for the most technologically advanced military aircrafts in the world. We are a small, team oriented manufacturing company where everyone can make a difference.
As a Shop/Assebly Tech Intern, this position will provide needed assistance to both the Assembly/Install Team and Fabrication Team in the production & assembly of maintenance platform components ensuring proper form, fit & function of an overall quality product. The Shop/Assebly Tech Intern will provide direct and in-direct support as part of the Assembly/Install Team and Fabrication Team in the fabrication shop, as well as perform field assemblies as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
The duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist Assembly/Install Team in the assembly and disassembly of maintenance platforms.
- Ability to read & understand engineer drawinings and perform component assembly according to those drawings prefered.
- Receive, unload, unpack, and transfer work material to and from appropriate work stations.
- Willing to travel for onsite installations/assemblies (50%+ travel & over weekend travel possible).
- Willing to work possible overtime & weekends.
- Maintain a clean, safe and orderly work area.
- Keep track of material and keep work area organized.
- Accurately pull and stage hardware for projects.
- Willingness to learn machine/equipment operation, safety and preventative maintenance.
- Willing to assist in other areas of production as needed.
- Knowledge & use of power tools and ability to operate in a safe manner.
- Knowledge & use of pallet jacks, standard warehouse forklifts, and overhead cranes operation.
- Must be able to to read and operate a tape measure.
- Must be able to identify structural materials such as channel, I-beam, flat bar, etc.
- Must be able to work efficiently under tight deadlines.
- Must be able to work well with others.
- Must have an aptitude for learning, ability to multi-task and problem solve.
Education & Experience:
- Education: High School Diploma, GED or Equivalent.
- Must be able to read and communicate in English.
- Basic to average math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and fraction and decimal conversion).
- Basic Electrical experience & installing electrical systems prefered.
- Experience in a Fabrication Shop or Manufacturing Environment a plus.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and is exposed to dirt/dust, heat/cold, fumes/odors, vibration and wetness
- Machine and fabrication shop work environment noise levels range from moderate to loud but tolerable
- Appropriate Personal Protection Equipment is required in all fabrication shop areas including but not limited to Hearing , Eye Protection, Hard Hat and Safety Shoes
- This position requires working in an open fabrication shop. Temperatures, as well as humidity, fluctuate in accordance with the season. Must be able to work in the elements and inclement weather conditions.
- Must have the ability to stand for long periods of time as well as, sit, kneel, crouch, stoop & crawl. Walking for long distances & ascend/descend stairs is required within the office and shop areas.
- This position requires turning the head and torso, reaching, grasping, bending and flexing the arms, waist, legs, wrists, fingers, as well as functional hearing, vision, and voice (English).
- This position also requires ability to safely lift (bend ones’ knees) 50 to 80 lbs.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
- This is a temporary intern position
- Compensation range is $10.00 – $13.00 per hour, based on experience
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work
- Must be able to pass 50 state background check & drug/alcohol screens
FlexDecks, Inc. offers a casual, dog-friendly but energetic, dynamic and fast paced work environment.
FlexDecks, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, disability, marital or veteran status, place of national origin or other categories protected by law.