Have A Question?
Our team of qualified maintenance platform experts are here to help.
Our current openings:
FlexDecks, Inc. is a pioneer and leader in the design and manufacture of innovative, modular maintenance platforms for the most technologically advanced military aircrafts in the world. The Assembly/Installation team plays a major part in the success of our company by constructing and delivering quality products and providing superior customer service. We are looking for a reliable, thorough, and attentive individual with strong work ethic, determination, and an eagerness to learn new skills and act with intelligent initiative and resolve to face challenges.
The Assembler/Installer assists in performing advanced assembly of maintenance platform components according to specific instructions and established procedures ensuring proper form, fit, function, and overall product quality. This individual is expected to assemble, test, troubleshoot, and repair electrical and hydraulic systems, as well as provide direct and in-direct support as part of the installation teams in the field, as well as travel & perform onsite field assemblies as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Mechanical and technical skills required to assist in the assembly and disassembly of aluminum maintenance platforms.
- Ability to understand engineering drawings and written work instructions, as well as comprehend the design intent conveyed through those documents.
- Digest basic prints, work orders, material processing lists and general assembly drawings or document packages to determine critical askpects of design intent.
- Assist with product verification testing and record results.
- Receive, unload, unpack, and transfer work material to and from appropriate work stations.
- Accurately pull and stage hardware for projects.
- Basic electrical experience & ability to install electrical systems.
- Maintain a clean, safe and orderly work area. Keep track of material and keep work area organized.
- Organize, pack and load finished product in various environmental contexts.
- Job-site experience interacting with customers / end-users through conducting product specific operator briefs, supporting user training and maintenance best practices.
- Willing to travel for onsite installations/assemblies (50%+ travel & over weekend travel possible).
- Willing to work possible overtime & weekends.
- Ability and willingness to accept and receive supervision, training, and assistance regarding equipment operation and preventative maintenance.
- Knowledge & use of common material handling and rigging equipment and their safe operation:
- Forklifts, overhead cranes, pallet-jacks, basic safety equipment
- Knowledge & use of common power tools and their safe operation:
- Metal working/beveling tools, abrasive cleaning tools, angle grinders, hand drills, impacts, wrenches, etc.
- Knowledge & use of common industrial processing tools/types and their safe operation:
- Band saw, table saw, miter saw, drill press, manual mill/lathe, Ironworker – notching and punching
- Knowledge and experience processing different material types and grades desirable but not required, i.e., carbon steel, stainless steel, and aluminum (6061 / 5052, etc,.).
- Ability to identify structural materials such as channel, I-beam, flat bar, etc.
- Ability to read and operate a tape measure, square, and angle finder.
- Knowledge of basic to average math; fractions, decimals, measurement conversion, geometry
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under tight deadlines.
- Willing to assist in other areas of production as needed.
- Aptitude for learning, ability to multi-task and problem solve.
- Ability to receive and understand specific instructions and carry out those instructions to completion.
- Ability to communicate in English required, both written & verbal skills.
Additional Responsibilities and Duties:
- Familiarize and understand all FlexDecks employment policies such as work hours / days, quality standards, drug screening, safety guidelines, and all policies outlining employee behavior at FlexDecks facility.
- Familiarize, understand, and use all standard operating procedures determined by FlexDecks and equipment manufacturers in relation to use of fabrication equipment.
- Ensure that product standards, both quality and quantity are met.
- Interpret dimensions, material types, and material grades on cut lists or drawings.
- Identify FlexDecks tolerancing system on work orders / drawings and understand how tolerance system affects dimensions, material types, and material grades.
- Understand and adhere to all safety measures when working in the shop and with machines / power tools.
- Provide a positive attitude and further develop and maintain a cohesive team-oriented work environment with all employees, vendors, and customers, and support the company in all decisions.
- May be asked by management to perform other tasks beyond those listed and meet expectation to support the company in all decisions.
Education & Experience:
- Education: High School Diploma, GED or Equivalent.
- Experience: One plus (1+) years experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Mechanical, technical, construction, and/or job-site experience interacting with customers / end-users through conducting product specific operator briefs supporting user training and maintenance best practices
- Background in construction, carpentry or manufacturing preferred.
- Veterans and retired military highly preferred.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
- Performance of duties for this job requires work in an open machine & fabrication shop production area. Will work with and around moving machinery, including but not limited to forklifts and over-head cranes. Will be exposed to dirt/dust, fumes/odors. Noise levels range from moderate to loud but tolerable
- Position requires work in temperatures, as well as humidity, that fluctuate in accordance with the season. Must be able to work in the elements and inclement weather conditions.
- Appropriate Personal Protection Equipment is required in all fabrication shop areas including but not limited to Hearing Protection, Eye Protection, Hard Hat and Safety Shoes.
- Must have the ability to stand for long periods of time as well as, sit, kneel, crouch, stoop & crawl. Walking for long distances & ascend/descend stairs is required within the office and shop areas.
- This position requires turning the head and torso, reaching, grasping, bending and flexing the arms, waist, legs, wrists, fingers, as well as functional hearing, vision, and voice (English).
- This position also requires ability to safely lift and handle up to 50-80 lbs.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
- Must be willing to travel
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work
- Must be able to pass 50 state background check & drug/alcohol screens
- Compensation range is $13.00 – $18.00 per hour, based on experience
FlexDecks, Inc. offers a casual, dog-friendly but energetic, dynamic and fast paced work environment.
FlexDecks, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, disability, marital or veteran status, place of national origin or other categories protected by law.